These goals were originally published as an insert in the weekly bulletin of May 15, 2016:
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
This Sunday, Pentecost, marks the second year of the Archdiocesan Vision promulgated by our shepherd, Archbishop Gustavo Garcia-Siller. Two years ago, the Archbishop asked us to focus on three priorities: The New Evangelization, Catechesis and Formation, and Youth and Youth Formation.
Most recently, the Archbishop has asked each parish to develop specific goals in line with the three priorities of the Archdiocese. On March 14th of this year, our parish held a “listening session” to try and elicit what the goals of St. Brigid’s parish might be. After hearing from our community, and collating the responses, we have developed several goals which we hope to implement over the coming year. The Archbishop has asked us on this “Pentecost Sunday” to publish these goals to our faith community.
In Unity with the Archdiocesan Vision
St. Brigid Catholic Community sets the following goals:
The New Evangelization: Faith-Worship-Witness
- Goal: To enrich the understanding of the Mass in the lives of our parishioners.
- Goal: To foster a greater outreach to other faith communities through our parish activities, ie., Youth retreats, Alpha, The New Evangelization, Young Adults.
- Goal: To develop “sponsors” for those joining our church and walk with them as they come to know our community.
Catechesis and Formation
- Goal: To focus on the “Spirituality” on Marital Life.
- Goal: To develop a “pre-faith formation” course for all parents/guardians enrolling their children in our faith formation program.
Youth and Youth Formation
- Goal: To develop a listening session with the youth to help them deal with stress and difficulties facing them in their lives, ie., suicide, bullying, and other issues the youth have to deal with.
- Goal: To explore ways to “get the message out” about all the wonderful things happening with St. Brigid’s youth program.
May the Lord’s blessing guide us to meet these challenges.