The Archbishop has extended the decree regarding COVID-19 and impacting parishes of the Archdiocese of San Antonio to April 30, 2020.
- This regards social distancing of at least six feet between persons and limit of crowd size to no more than 10 persons.
- Public Masses are still suspended and priests are strongly encouraged to livestream or use other media to reach out to the faithful.
- Reconciliation/Confessions before the confessor is essential and will be person to person without use of any remote transmission.
- Funerals are limited to 10 persons gathered at one time, and not permitted during the Triduum (Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday).
- For Infant Baptisms, the 10 person limit must be respected.
- First Communions are suspended until they can be celebrated properly when large gatherings are permitted again.
- Confirmation is on hold until large gatherings are permitted and the schedule is revised.
- The churches can remain open for private prayer as long as there are no more than 10 persons present at one time.
At St. Brigid, this means:
- All meetings and events have been cancelled through April 30, 2020.
- Faith Formation is suspended through April 30, 2020, or until large gatherings can take place.
- No retreats are taking place or are being scheduled at this time.
- The celebration for First Eucharist and Youth Confirmation are on hold until further notice.
- The limit for persons at Funerals or Infant Baptism is 10 at one time.
- The Blessed Sacrament Chapel remains open, 6AM-6PM, for private prayer.
It is the plans of St. Brigid to continue to broadcast Sunday Mass, as well as Holy Week and Easter services, for as long as this decree is in effect.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 210-696-0896. The parish office is open during normal business hours: Mon-Fri, 9AM-12NOON & Mon-Thu, 1PM-5PM.
Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support at this time. Please continue to keep everyone in your prayers. May God bless us with healing and peace as we continue to stay safe at home.